Easy Easter Treat or Gift Bag
March 27, 2023
Today's project is an easy Easter Treat or Gift Bag using Designer Series Paper.
One of my goals is to provide instructions for ideas to use your patterned paper. Last week, we made a simple card design that proved to be very popular. If you haven't tried it, get the details HERE and give it a go!
With Easter being just a couple of weeks away, this little bag will come in handy for you. It's small enough to tuck in a basket and large enough to hold a little gift.
Whether you make these for your own children's or grandchildren's Easter baskets or to share with neighbors and friends, creating your own bags adds a personal touch that can't be matched.
One of the benefits of making your own treat or gift bags is the ability to customize them to your liking. You can choose the colors and patterns, and embellish the bags to suit your personal style and to surprise and delight your little ones.
Let's take a look at the simple how-to so you can gather your supplies and get started!
- Hues Of Happiness 12" X 12" Designer Series Paper : 6 x 12. Score the 12 inch side at 3 1/4, 5 3/4, 9, and 11 1/2. Score the 6 inch side at 2 for the bottom edge and 5 1/2 for the top edge.
- Pool Party 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock : 3/4 x 3 1/2 or the appropriate size for your sentiment.
- Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock : 3 x 4 or a size large enough to stamp and cut your image.
Here are the supplies used for the project in the video...
- Easter Bunny Photopolymer Stamp Set (English) 
- Hues Of Happiness 12" X 12" Designer Series Paper 
- Pool Party 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Pool Party 3/8" (1 Cm) Sheer Ribbon 
- Mini Glue Dots 
- Stampin' Seal+ 
- Paper Trimmer 
- Simply Scored 
Making these little bags using a 1/2 sheet of 12 x 12 paper is a great way to make use of your patterned paper. You can even partially assemble these ahead of time and store flat in a drawer or box.
But perhaps the greatest benefit of all is the joy that comes from giving something handmade with love. It shows your children or grandchildren that you care enough to take the time and effort to create something special just for them. And as you see the smiles on their faces, you'll know that your handmade treat or gift bag is a blessing for them and for you!
Now that you've watched this video and are ready to make some of these little bags, visit the Online Store designer paper section and order some beautiful patterned paper today!